2017 Apr 3
- Visited: Monday 4 PM
- Ordered: Set of 8 with 4 different flavours
- Price: JPY 500 (~ USD 4)
- Link: Tripadvisor
It showed up as “Wanaka Rafters American Village Shop” on Google Maps and had one of the highest ratings for takoyaki in Osaka. I was determined to have takoyaki in Osaka because it originated from Osaka. The front of the shop was empty but the seating area was full.
I asked for recommendation and the staff recommended a 12-piece one. I went with the 8-piece one instead.
Going clockwise starting from top left:
- Katsuobushi (Dried Fish Flake) – It was pretty good. Tasted clean and very umami.
- Green Onion – Surprisingly good. It was kind of refreshing. Salt was sprinkled on top and it really helped to bring out the flavour.
- Pink – It was sour. I think it might have been umeboshi (picked plum).
- Classic – Alright. Nothing fancy.
I was glad I tried it, but there were probably other places that made much better takoyaki. The staff wasn’t rude but not friendly either.